top of page
Fluctuations in weight, growing older and heredity can cause your upper arms to have a drooping, sagging appearance. This is a condition that cannot be corrected through exercise.
Arm lift surgery may be right for you if the underside of your upper arms are sagging or appear loose and full due to excess skin and fat.
Good candidates for surgery-
• Healthy individual with significant laxity of arm skin and or excess fat
• Stable weight
• Realistic expectations
Anaesthesia- Intravenous sedation with local anesthesia or general anesthesia.
Incisions- Depending upon the amount of laxity ,the incision may be short or long on the inner surface of the arm and may extend in axilla.
Excess fat is removed with liposuction. Extra lax skin is excised and sutures are taken.
Recovery and results-
It’s a day care surgery and patient can be discharged after few hours. Minimal pain, swelling and bruising is common and settles after few days. Pressure garment is recommended for three months. Results can be seen in 3-6 months.
Complications can occur but rare-
• Anaesthesia risks
• Poor wound healing
• Unsightly scarring
• Fluid accumulation (seroma)
• Damage to deeper structures such as nerves, blood vessels and muscles
• Fatty tissue under the skin might die (fat necrosis)
• Numbness or other changes in skin sensation
• Pain, which may persist
• Sutures may not absorb, but spontaneously surface through the skin, scausing irritation, drainage and redness
• Possible need for revision surgery
These risks and others will be fully discussed prior to your consent. It’s important that you address all your questions directly with our plastic surgeon.
bottom of page