top of page
The shape, size and form of buttocks can be improved with Buttock augmentation procedure .This can be done using gluteal silicone implants or fat injection.
Buttock implants are silicone-filled devices that are surgically placed deep within the tissues of the buttock. Buttock augmentation through the use of fat grafting involves the transfer of fat from one area of the body into the tissues of the buttocks. This technique is sometimes referred to as a Brazilian Butt Lift.
Loose and sagging buttocks can be lifted in more aesthetically pleasing location with buttock lift.
Good candidates for surgery-
• Healthy individuals with realistic expectations
• Non smoker
• Having flat,saggy buttocks
• Having adequate fat in body if fat injection is desired
Anaesthesia- General anaesthesia is preferred
Incisions-Horizontal incision below bikini line and a circular incision around the navel is taken.For implants, a small incision is placed in between the butt cheeks in sacral area and implants are placed deep in the gluteal muscles after creating a pocket.
For fat injection, small stab incisions are taken around the buttocks in inconspicuous areas and fat acquired by liposuction is injected in subcutaneous plane in buttocks.
Recovery and results-
Patient is asked to avoid sitting on buttocks for 2-4 weeks. Patient has to sleep face down for 4-6 weeks. Final results can be seen after 12 months of surgery.
Complications can occur but rare-
• Anaesthesia risks
• Bleeding (hematoma)
• Poor wound healing
• Fluid accumulation (seroma)
• Numbness or other changes in skin sensation
• Fatty tissue under the skin might die (fat necrosis)
• Pain, which may persist
• Recurrent looseness of skin
• Skin discoloration and/or prolonged swelling
• Deep vein thrombosis, cardiac and pulmonary complications
• Possible need for revisionary surgery
• Skin loss
• Sutures may spontaneously surface through the skin, become visible or produce irritation and require removal
• Unfavourable scarring
These risks and others will be fully discussed prior to your consent. It is important that you address all your questions directly with our plastic surgeon.
bottom of page