top of page
BROW LIFT/ FOREHEAD REJUVENATION
Periorbital region is most expressive area of human face and aging process in this area can give you tired, sad, angry or too serious look. Sagging of brows can cause difficulty in seeing. There can be lot of wrinkling. If you are suffering from these problems, a brow lift may be a good choice to make you look rejuvenated.
It can be done as a separate procedure or can be done along with other procedures of face like
1. Eyelid surgery ( blepharoplasty)
3. Non-surgical skin rejuvenation
Who is a good candidate for it?
Any person who is medically fit, non-smoker and has realistic expectations can undergo this procedure.
Anesthesia - Can be Intravenous sedation or General anaesthesia
1. Endoscopic through scalp incisions
2. Coronal incision
3. Supra brow incision
Post-operative course -
Stitches are dissolvable or can be removed after 5-7 days.
Drains may be kept under your skin to remove collected fluid and blood.
It’s a day care surgery and you can be discharged after few hours of the procedure.
Some swelling, bruising, pain is common and will resolve over next few days.
Results – Final results are expected in 2-3 months
Complications can occur but rare -
• Anesthesia risks
• Loss of hair around the incisions
• Elevated hairline
• Eye irritation or dryness
• Facial asymmetry
• Facial nerve injury with weakness or paralysis
• Fluid accumulation
• Numbness or other changes in skin sensation or intense itching
• Pain, which may persist
• Poor wound healing
• Possibility of revision surgery
• Skin loss
• Unfavourable scarring
• Rare risk of deep venous thrombosis (blood clots) that can result in pulmonary embolism with chest pain, shortness of breath.
These risks and others will be fully discussed prior to your consent. It's important that you address all your questions directly with our plastic surgeon.
bottom of page