top of page
Breasts in women are very important from aesthetic and functional point of view. Beautiful breasts enhance self confidence and body image. Breast augmentation can increase the volume and form of the breasts and make them look aesthetically pleasant.
The ultimate goal of breast augmentation is to enhance a patient’s natural proportions and create a more symmetrical, aesthetically pleasing breast profile.
This can be done with either silicone implants or fat transfer.
The most preferred method is silicone breast implants.
Choice of Implants-
1. Filling material- Based on this breast Implants are of two types-1. Saline2. Silicone gel
2. Size – Depending upon patients anatomy,measurements and desires ,different sizes in cc can be selected.
3. Profile- Depending upon patients desires and measurements,either low,medium ,high or extrahigh profile can be selected.
4. Shape- They can be round or anatomical shape .
Choice of incision-
1. Inframammary- Cut is below the breast in the fold so invisible. We perform short scar technique so that the implant can be placed through 3-4 cm incision.
2. Periareolar- A small incision in lower part of the areola at the junction of skin and areola.
3. Transaxillary- Through the cut in axillary fold
Plane of placement- Implants can be placed in following two planes
1. Above the chest muscle , below the breast gland
2. Partially or completely below the chest muscle
Our surgeon is the best person to guide you and help you decide the best possible choice among all the above options so that you get the best and natural looking results.
Anaesthesia- General anaesthesia is preferred.
Recovery and results- It’s a day care surgery and patients can go home after few hours of surgery.
Minimal pain, bruising, swelling is common and will subside in few days. Patients can resume routine activities after 2-3 days. Stitches are dissolvable.
Final results can be appreciated after4-6 weeks once majority of swelling is gone. Tight sports bra is advised for 6 weeks.
Complications can occur but rare-
• Anaesthesia risks
• Changes in nipple or breast sensation
• Poor scarring
• Wrong or faulty position of the implant
• Implant leakage or rupture, abnormal displacement
• The formation of tight scar tissue around the implant (capsular contracture)
• Fluid accumulation (seroma)
• Wrinkling of the skin over the implant
• Persistent pain
• Possibility of revision surgery
These risks and others will be fully discussed prior to your consent. It is important that you address all your questions directly with our plastic surgeon.
bottom of page